If you're thinking about going to college in Florida, there's good reason to look into the best business programs the state has to offer.
These programs can provide answers to an extremely important question every college student must answer about their college career: What will I do when I drop out?
If you think about college like most students do, the answer is simple: get a job. But you don't want to be put in the position of having to settle for every job you can find.
When you graduate from one of Florida's top business schools, you don't have to settle for just any job. You may even have a choice of jobs in major professional fields that you can enter with your business degree.
What Jobs Can Graduates of Business Programs in Florida Get?
What are the emerging careers for future Florida graduates? We worked a bit with numbers and made a list.
We look at job availability and whether the job market in Florida is growing. We looked at the average starting salaries for these jobs, whether there's any growth potential (you don't want to be stuck in the same job for life, after all), and work-life balance.
Our calculations used data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for pay by location, the Florida Department of Labor for job growth data, and ONet Online to ensure business degrees met job requirements.
Here are the top 10 jobs for business graduates in Florida with the most potential for job growth (meaning you could find a job!) between 2020 and 2024.
- Management Analyst.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that there will be 63,990 management analyst jobs in Florida through 2024, and the job market for management analysts will grow 27.85% between 2020 and 2024. The Median Starting Salary for a Management Analyst in Florida is $39,460. For this job, you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus on management, supplemented by statistical and computer skills.
- Credit consultants.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that by 2024 there will be 4,120 management analyst jobs in Florida and the job market for credit counseling will grow 24.85% between 2020 and 2024. The median starting salary for a Florida loan officer is of $29,980. For this job, you need a bachelor's degree in business administration. A major in general business is acceptable.
- estimated cost.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that there will be 17,400 estimator jobs in Florida by 2024, and the job market for estimators will grow 27.85% between 2020 and 2024. The median starting salary for cost estimators in Florida is $39,460. For this job, you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus on management, supplemented by statistical and computer skills.
- insurance agent.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that by 2024 there will be 51,060 insurance agent jobs in Florida and the job market for insurance agents will grow 19.13% between 2020 and 2024. Florida is $33,079. For this job, you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus on general business administration or insurance.
- database administrators.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that there will be 8,100 database administrator jobs in Florida by 2024 and the job market for database administrators will grow 20.54% between 2020 and 2024. database in Florida is $47,240. For this job you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with at least a minor in business informatics
- Technical sales representative.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that there will be 25,630 technical salesperson jobs in Florida by 2024 and the technical salesperson job market will grow 16.34% between 2020 and 2024. The average starting salary for a technical sales representative in Florida is $33,280. This position requires a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in General Business or Sales
- Administrators of network and computer systems.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that by 2024 there will be 19,710 network and computer systems administrator jobs in Florida, and the job market for network and computer systems administrators will grow by 21.05% between 2020 and 2024. Average salary for a network and computer systems administrator in Florida is $48,600. For this job you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with at least a minor in business informatics
- HR Professionals.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that by 2024 there will be 35,070 HR jobs in Florida and the HR job market will grow 17.76% between 2020 and 2024. The median starting salary for HR professionals in Florida is $32,070. For this job you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus on management, complemented by statistical and computer skills
- credit analysts.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that there will be 3,590 credit analyst jobs in Florida through 2024, and the job market for management analysts will grow 11.49% between 2020 and 2024. The Median Starting Salary for a Credit Analyst in Florida is $41,140. For this position, you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with at least a minor in finance.
- computer programmer.The Florida Department of Labor estimates that there will be 12,580 commercial application computer programmer jobs in Florida through 2024 and the job market for management analysts will grow 0.24% between 2020 and 2024. in Florida it is $41,860. For this job, you need a bachelor's degree in business administration with at least a major in business informatics and proven programming skills.
These are jobs that almost any graduate of almost any AACSB-accredited business administration program in Florida can find between now and 2024. A business degree from an accredited Florida university provides job security. But a BBA from Florida's best business programs can allow you to do so much more.
What are the best business programs in Florida?
The best business programs in Florida offer great job opportunities with great salaries. Any of the positions listed above could be your reserve position no matter where you study, but the programs we've listed here can offer exceptional opportunities that we've outlined in each program.
How did we rank the best business programs in Florida for this list?
We looked at tuition fees required for admission, acceptance rates, and test scores. We then looked at intangibles such as corporate partners (which lead to job opportunities within the company) and typical starting salaries for business graduates upon completion of the program.
Crunching the numbers for these factors resulted in the schools on this list, starting with our top-ranked program and the list of great business programs for students in Florida. We encourage you to check them all out before making your choice. For even more schools, visit ourOnline Business Degreesbook page.
|1||University of Florida - Heavener School of Business||Gainesville, Flórida|
|2||University of Miami-Miami Herbert Business School||Coral Gables, Florida|
|3||Florida State University - School of Business||Tallahassee, Florida|
|4||Everglades University – Business Program||Boca Raton, Florida|
|5||University of Central Florida - College of Business||Orlando, Florida|
Florida's Top 20 Business Schools
University of Florida - Heavener School of Business
- Gainesville, Flórida
- Graduation rate:87%
The University of Florida's undergraduate accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, and real estate programs consistently rank in the top 10 in annual US News and World Reports reviews. These rankings mean one thing for sure: The University of Florida has a reputation for excellence, which helps graduates find jobs. The University of Florida offers a complete online curriculum for general business studies for a tuition fee of about half that of face-to-face classes.
Net tuition:$ 11.313
SAT track:1280 – 1440
University of Miami-Miami Herbert Business School
- Coral Gables, Florida
- Graduation rate:81%
The University of Miami admits prospective eligible business students directly to the Miami Herbert Business School as freshmen, freshmen, or transfer students. With 14 specializations and three degrees, business students have enormous curriculum flexibility to create a degree that meets their interests and market demand. Through case studies and experiential learning opportunities, students are prepared to apply necessary critical thinking and technology strategies that address real-world problems. Whether it's the school's world-class curriculum that offers hands-on learning or its specialized bachelor's and master's degrees, business students at the University of Miami can benefit from a variety of experiences and opportunities.
Net tuition:52.080 $
SAT track:1320 – 1460
Florida State University - School of Business
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Graduation rate:80%
Florida State's ten undergraduate business programs include two programs not typically found at other business schools: retail management and professional sales. The university offers an online program for active service members and offers on-campus students the opportunity to manage a $5 million investment fund.
Net tuition:13.318 $
SAT track:1200 – 1350
Everglades University – Business Program
- Boca Raton, Florida
Everglades University offers in-person and online programs for a bachelor's degree with a major in general business to prepare future leaders and policymakers for a career in business. The innovative program is usually completed in just 41 months, that is, just over three years, after joining the course for a quick entry into business.
Net tuition:29.365 $
SAT track:not required
University of Central Florida - College of Business
- Orlando, Florida
- Graduation rate:75%
The University of Central Florida offers all the usual business courses such as accounting, economics, finance, integrated business, management, marketing and real estate, as well as online and in-person cybersecurity and financial technology certification programs. The university insists that its students refine "fuzzy targets" early in their studies so that they take higher-level courses that directly support their job search after graduation.
Net tuition:13.016 $
SAT track:1160 – 1340
Rollins College - School of Business
- Winter Park, Florida
- Graduation rate:68%
Rollins College offers nationally recognized programs for business students in International Business and Social Entrepreneurship. It is one of the best universities in the world for students seeking careers in international business involving companies in Germany and offers a Bachelor of International Business program from Rollins and a Bachelor of International Management from Reutlingen University in Germany. Students can also earn an MBA within 5 years of initial enrollment with Rollins in the school's 3/2 program.
Net tuition:32.826 $
SAT track:1100 – 1290
Florida International University - School of Business
- miami, florida
- Graduation rate:72%
Florida International University's College of Business is renowned for its cutting-edge real estate research and is a great place to earn a bachelor's degree in real estate. Many scholarships are awarded each summer to students enrolling in the following academic year.
Net tuition:59.180 $
SAT track:1090 – 1260
University of North Florida - Coggin College of Business
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Graduation rate:61%
The University of North Florida offers BBA degrees with concentrations in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, financial planning, international business, marketing, and transportation and logistics. The university offers dual degree programs with KEDGE Business School (France), Hochschule Bremen (Germany) and Universidad de Valencia (Spain).
Net tuition:10.809 $
SAT track:1120 – 1280
University of Tampa - Sykes College of Business
- Tampa, Florida
- Graduation rate:58%
Sykes College of Business brings together talented faculty, sophisticated technology and cutting-edge curriculum to give students the tools they need to thrive in a changing world. With small class sizes, strong faculty-student relationships, and extensive industry ties, Sykes College of Business encourages real-world learning.
Sykes College of Business undergraduate degrees include Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, Marketing, Cybersecurity, Business Systems Finance, Business Informatics, and Leadership Studies.
Net tuition:30.683 $
SAT track:1090 – 1250
Stetson University - School of Business Administration
- deland, florida
- Graduation rate:64%
Undergraduate students from Stetson University's College of Business can take a FLEX degree, which consists of courses in the disciplines that most interest them. The FLEX program is about learning to ask and answer multifaceted questions. Students can also pursue programs in business law and in business systems and analysis.
Net tuition:$ 25.571
SAT track:1070 – 1270
Eckerd College Economics Program
- St Petersburg, Florida
- Graduation rate:66%
The Bachelor of Business degree at Eckerd College is intended to be a foundation for a general business education for students who will later study a specialized subject as part of an MBA. All students take more or less similar courses.
Net tuition:34.461 $
SAT track:1080 – 1280
University of West Florida - School of Business
- Pensacola, Florida
- Graduation rate:65%
The University of West Florida offers undergraduate business degrees in:
accounting and finance,
Global hospitality and tourism management,
Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain Economics and
Management and GIS.
The College of Business is offering virtual networking and interview opportunities to its undergraduate students.
Net tuition:9.091 $
SAT track:1080 – 1250
Palm Beach Atlantic University - BSBA-Programm
- West Palm Beach, Flórida
- Graduation rate:50%
Palm Beach Atlantic University offers a bachelor's or bachelor's degree in business administration to students with at least five years of work experience after high school and, preferably, who have completed 30 semester hours of university courses, although students with fewer college hours may do it legally. The program emphasizes teamwork and Christian principles. Students take 45 hours of core business courses in addition to required Bible courses.
Net tuition:24.557 $
SAT track:1000 – 1250
Lynn University - College of Business and Management
- Boca Raton, Florida
- Graduation rate:45%
Lynn University offers the usual business courses, as well as those in cybersecurity, data analytics, event management, fashion and retail, healthcare management, investment management, and sports management. The college prepares students for “life after Lynn” with an extensive internship program with its corporate partners.
Net tuition:39.401 $
SAT track:990 – 1170
Flagler College – Department of Business Administration
- St. Augustine, Florida
- Graduation rate:63%
Flagler focuses on providing its business students with transferable skills such as team leadership, clear communication skills, an understanding of ethics, computer skills, organization and coordination, cross-cultural communication, and working well under pressure. Students are encouraged to be active in campus clubs and business societies to build relationships for their future business networks.
Net tuition:23.776 $
SAT track:1030 – 1270
Florida Gulf Coast University - Lutgert College of Business
- Fort Myers, Florida
- Graduation rate:51%
Florida Gulf Coast University students can study accounting, economics, computer information management, finance, PGA golf management, resort and hospitality management, management, marketing, and supply chain management. There is also a program that leads to an MS in Taxation after five years of study. Uncanny students are encouraged to undertake internships to gain hands-on experience in their chosen specialty.
Net tuition:11.716 $
SAT track:1060 – 1210
Florida Southern College - Barney Barrett School of Business
- Lakeland, Florida
- Graduation rate:60%
Florida Southern College's goal is to inspire students to do inspiring things with a mature mindset shaped by the university. The program is small enough that teachers can invest time with each student individually, ensuring students that they have the right information and resources they need to be successful. Majors are offered in Finance, International Business and Management.
Net tuition:26.135 $
SAT track:1130 – 1300
Ave Maria University – Business Administration Program
- Ave Maria, Florida
- Graduation rate:64%
Ave Maria University offers specializations in Accounting, Finance, Global Affairs and International Economics. The Business Department finds suitable internships for students across the country to prepare them for a business career grounded in business knowledge and spiritual values.
Net tuition:18.924 $
SAT track:1050 – 1260
Saint Leo University - Donald R. Tapia School of Business
- St. Leo, Florida
- Graduation rate:54%
Saint Leo University offers undergraduate education at its main campus in Saint Leo, Florida and at educational centers in California, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and Florida, and online. Students can pursue classical business studies and specialization in sports business.
Net tuition:20.036 $
SAT track:960 – 1150
Keizer University - Business Administration
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Graduation rate:67%
Keizer University offers face-to-face and online programs for business students majoring in HR, International Business, Management, Entrepreneurship, Labeling and Supply Chain and Logistics. There are also on-campus programs in Hospitality Management and Equine Management.
Net tuition:31.984 $
SAT track:not required
Have you completed any of these programs? Is there a great show we need to know more about? We appreciate your comments below and updates to the information we provide for each school.